Hello there! Thank you so much for stopping by.
Who am I? Glad you asked! I’m Kristy and I live in beautiful Perth, Western Australia. I’m a lucky mum to three super cute little girls (all 4 and under). What else can I tell you about me…let me think….
What do I love?
Spending time with my friends and family, yummy breakfasts (that I didn’t make), coffee (and tea, but coffee mostly), getting out in the sun, enjoying healthy wholefoods (using my thermomix to make them!), the occasional wine and making plans to rule the world (using a spreadsheet as a base. Yep – a spreadsheet).
What am I about?
- Learning, growing and becoming the best “me”
- Accepting that you can’t do it all. And that’s ok
- Working hard on what matters – letting go of the rest
- Realising your true goals (not other peoples) and working hard to achieve them
- Using the amazing tools available today to be as efficient as possible
- Looking for new ideas and ways to do things
How did I get here?
In a previous life I was a Management Accountant, working for the same company for over 10 years. I spent many years crunching numbers in spreadsheets (really awesome ones, I might add) and I was pretty sure that was my true calling in life.
I often pondered how I could “do my own thing” one day, but was unsure about what that would be and whether I really wanted to leave the comfort of a regular salary (no matter how hard the work or how many hours were needed, at least the pay was a certainty).
Enter my baby girls. Their arrival meant the realisation of many things. Firstly, that I needed to focus on and learn more about our health and environment to give the girls the best start at life. Secondly, that accounting wasn’t going to cut it as a career anymore. I needed to do something I was really passionate about. So I started a blog called Loulou Zoo, where I could share all the things I’ve been learning about being healthy, helping the planet and generally living a happy little existence.
But…I was a little naive then. I thought I would start a blog, write a few things here and there and then the masses would come. As would the money. Lots of it.
Another realisation: starting and running a professional blog is hard.
I realised there is so much to know about having an online business – things such as what is hosting, what’s a theme (do I need one?!), how do I change my font, why is my formatting weird…and so on… There are also so many places you can go to find answers. How do you know who is right? You can spend hours googling “how to format paragraphs in wordpress” without finding anything useful out, except that you really don’t understand code and you probably don’t want to.
Luckily for me – I have a secret weapon – a husband who is a computer programmer. It made me think though, not everyone has this at home? And if you don’t – who do you go to for help? So I wanted to create a place where everyone is comfortable asking ANY questions about the online world, where I can be a link between the “techy” and the “normal folks speak”.
I also have a passion for learning and spend a great amount of time researching the best ways to do things, the best tools to use and generally how to be all kinds of awesome when it comes to business!
I’m really passionate about sharing this knowledge with others, so I can help you maximise your time, reach your goals and be truly happy in your little place on the web.
Here is what will you find on my site:
- A friendly space to ask any questions – no matter how small
- Guidance on “how to” do various things – without the technical talk
- Valuable resources to save you time – I spend time testing different tools, plugins and systems so I can share the best with you
- Tips and tricks to optimise your time
For those looking for personalised services, I can provide:
- Website audits – for honest feedback on quick things you can change to optimise your site
- WordPress Website Set ups
- WordPress Support – no matter how big or small – know you can ask me anything and TRUST what I say. I don’t tell fibs and I don’t overcharge. Simple.
- Also Mailchimp/Google Analytics/Seo…the list goes on!
- If you’re not sure if what you need is on the list – ask me, we can work something out!
And that’s me in a nutshell. A really big nutshell…
Thank you for taking the time to read all this, I hope I can help you achieve everything you dream about for your business (and life).
Please send me an email if you want to know more, visit my start here page or subscribe to my newsletter for regular updates, lots of useful how to info and general chit chat (oh and a Free cheat sheet when you sign up)!