So you’ve decided to set up your WordPress website. Go you! You’ve created your hosting account with one of my favourite hosting providers, Netorigin, by using my step-by-step instructions in this post. And now you’re wondering how to get your new website up and running. It’s another simple process, I promise!
- Log into your Netorigin account
- Navigate into Services
- Head right to Actions and click cPanel (control panel)
- Click on WordPress under the Featured applications and click install
- Next you will see the form for selecting WordPress options:
- Add Domain. This is where your website is going to be installed to, for example, website.com.au.
- Choose the recommended WordPress version.
- Choose not to automatically update
- Add Administrator log in details (and take note of them!)
- Add your email address for Administrator email
- Add Website Title as the name of your business. Add Tagline
- Limit login attempts
- Choose No for multi-site
- Choose Automatically manage for Advanced Setting Management
- Click Install
- Click on your website address, add login details.
And you will arrive at your brand new website! The next step is setting up your website with themes and plugins.
p.s. I do receive a small affiliate commission should you use Netorigin, but as I use them for my websites I totally, 100 percent trust them.
wordpress webhosts we trust
Hey, I’m Kristy
Kristy Morton is a mother, multiple business owner and numbers gal. She runs a web development consultancy, specialising in WordPress websites. Kristy combines her excellent technical knowledge with her ability to translate this into ways that are understandable to the average person, so her clients feel informed and in control of how their websites are developed and managed. She is also the Co-Founder of B Directory where the team is supercharging small business growth.
Despite seeming like an overachiever, Kristy admits to always be chasing the sun, a simple life and one more homemade chocolate.